20.12.10

Out of fashion?

Before I told you we had a Christmas dinner in style in the office. To be able to wear a sleeveless dress I was looking for a bolero in town. But, I was told, they're out of fashion and no more available... Mmm, what to do? I remembered this post and decided to knit one. Due to a lack of time I wasn't able to search for a pattern, so I just started to knit once I had bought the wool. Luckily the fit appeared to be fine, so it's no shame to share a tutorial. The bolero is made of exactly 3 balls of yarn of 100 gram each. I used this yarn, needle 8.
Here comes my very-first-can't-be-more-simple tutorial:



Addition: to see the kids version, click here.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

as i am just in a knitting mood I will try this, easy and no buttons, zips or other "difficulties" :)

Pascale said...

Schitterend! Wil ik ook proberen!

Unknown said...

You're hilarious. No time to look for a pattern, but time to knit a bolero? Love it.

rahel said...

This indeed looks simple- would take me forever anyway :o)
I like the way it looks and what a beautiful dress you have! Out of fashion? So what to wear to keep warm???

Jessica said...

Ok, I am not quite sure how I stumbled across your blog, I am in California, I think it was a blog through another blog and there was yours, I am in love, and so inspired, I have so much of your stuff bookmarked, Love your blog! Will definitely be reading all future blogs too!
Jessica

misao said...

hi!!
I have an urgent question: is the metric of the needle US, UK/canada or Europe?? :D

Thanks for the great tutorial.. but I can't start it until I know what needle metric to take :(

lightbluegrey said...

@ misaoli: European metric. Good luck!

misao said...

yaaay thanks a lot! :)

Martine Bakx said...

O Hetty wat een mooi en inspirerend blog heb je! En wat herken ik je stijl erin! Deze bolero ga ik maken!

Groetjes Martine
O ja, ik heb 4 blogs..... Op verjaardagsfeestje.blogspot.com staat het vorige maand gegeven brei-feestje :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...